Wednesday, July 29, 2009
I Love Idaho...I Love It Not
My parents tell me I'll miss Idaho one day. Not the weather...Lord knows I'll never miss that! But the adventure of it all. The fact that I moved here alone. Covering stories called "Yellowstone Earthquakes" or "Increased Bear Activity". Although I get tired of living in a tiny apartment down to the last dollar, there are times when I wonder if I'll think back to these days and wish for the simplicity of it all. Why is the grass always greener on the other side? It never ends up being what you expected. No matter how adventurous or exotic, one thing about Idaho will always be true. It's 2,000 miles away from home. Seems like whenever I start to get comfortable, something happens to make me feel like a stranger in a foreign culture. There are times when that reality weighs me down. Maybe someday Idaho, the time will come when I'll miss you. For now though, I can't wait to get that much closer to home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Ocho Crew
About Me
- Mission Haiti Blogger
- This blog is about a medical team from Florida that went to Port-au-Prince shortly the devastating January 2010 earthquake. The trip is organized through the Florida Baptist Convention and involves doctor's and nurses from Jacksonville, Orlando and Sarasota.
And we can't wait for you to be closer to home!!! Even a good adventure needs to come to a close at some point!
ReplyDelete