Tuesday, June 9, 2009

KUDOS to Momma

Often people who aren't in the news business will look at those of us who are a look of utter bewilderment on their faces and ask how we manage to get everything done by 5 p.m., come hell or high water, everyday. When that happens we tend to scratch our heads look at each other and honestly reply, "We don't know". The fact that we have a show, let alone a good one, is a daily miracle.

The point is in between 9:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. everyday I have to find a fabulous story, set it up, shoot it, write it, edit it and still look decent enough to show my face on the newscast. Today that meant driving the 54 miles from Idaho Falls to Dubois and back. Since it's just me and the camera I lost probably an hour and half of precious time driving...that's where momma comes in.

Ever notice how mother's will do things for you no else in the universe will? Even if they're over 2,000 miles away in Florida.

On days when the commute is extra long or getting an interview extra ridiculous I call my mom, and this is what happens. She usually stops what she's doing, pulls out her computer and types as I dictate my entire story while driving like a mad woman down the freeway. Once she's done she e-mails it to my station, and everyone in the newsroom is amazed at just how amazing my mother is.

The scary thing is when you realize she's been doing stuff like that for you your entire life. You were just to helpless as an infant and to selfish as a teenagers to see it. So Kudos to you mom, you deserve it!
Okay dad you're pretty good too!

Love,
Megan

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Meg - you're a pretty awesome daughter and I'm always glad to help you out! I think what you do is amazing! I could never do that so I'm happy to help out in the background when I have a chance.

    I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoah. i had no idea she did that.
    although, she did schedule me a doctor's appointment from 1,000 miles away the other day.

    and we say we're so independent...

    ReplyDelete

The Ocho Crew

The Ocho Crew

About Me

My photo
This blog is about a medical team from Florida that went to Port-au-Prince shortly the devastating January 2010 earthquake. The trip is organized through the Florida Baptist Convention and involves doctor's and nurses from Jacksonville, Orlando and Sarasota.